Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Chickpea Flour Mini Frittatas

This is the first recipe I've been really excited about sharing lately. My energy levels have been low and the past few days, I've been struggling mentally. Today I woke up and decided to try making these and they are absolutely delicious! They taste like cheesey eggs with savory veggies. 

On first taste, my husband suggested adding some sort of spice, which I won't do because I can't handle spice, but I told him he was welcome to add hot sauce on the top if he wants. He also said he wished it was a bit more cheesey. Personally, I thought these tasted great without anything else added. My husband also thought they could be a little more salty. So, I might add a bit more salt next. 

After he taste tested for me, I decided to try dipping mine in a vegan blue cheese dressing I made the other day, and I'd say that added a bit more of the cheesey taste he was looking for. Other than that, I'd say, if you want it to be spicier, add in some hot sauce, or sprinkle some on top. 

If you have access to chickpea flour, you could really use any veggies you wanted. These called for kale, corn, red pepper, and shallots. I thought that worked out as a good combo, but you could use whatever you have. 

I highly recommend this recipe. I may have added more veggies than called for. 

Make sure you have enough batter to veggie ration in each muffin cup. 

Here is the recipe:

Chickpea Flour Frittata Muffins


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Importance of Clearing Your Body and Life of Toxins

Our bodies can only handle a certain amount of toxins. Once our bodies are overloaded with toxins we start to have health problems. These he...